This coming Sunday, Aug. 24, we're having an "ice bucket challenge" right after morning worship to raise funds for ALS research - and to honor the Pass family. Dress casual for worship and then dump a bucket of ice on your head - for a good cause yet! See this brochure for more information.
First United Methodist Church of Delmar is a vibrant community of believers, eager to welcome you to join with us for a day, a year or a lifetime. We offer diverse opportunities for fellowship, study and service - as well as two distinctive worship services each Sunday:
• 9:30 am in our Sanctuary. A warm, traditional service with choir and organ music.
• 5:45 pm, on the lawn or in our Hummel Chapel. An intimate contemporary service with fellowship, music, and reflection. Something new each time! (Jazz this Sunday, for example.)
Click here for directions, a map, and other information for visitors.
Our Treasure Cove thrift store has a new home - and it's now open on Saturdays in addition to Tuesdays! On Tuesdays we're open 10 am to 6 pm. (Note that the Farmers' Market is open on Tuesdays, from 2:30 pm - 6 pm.) And from now on we expect Treasure Cove to be open on Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm. We have the same incredible bargains as always, and the same wonderful volunteers - but now in a bright, cozy space that we think you'll find even more delightful as a place to shop. Check us out at 135 Adams Street - kitty-corner past the shed at the back of our parking lot.
Did you enjoy Praise & Picnic in the Park on Sunday, June 22? Or, did you miss it? Either way, we've posted a short video that enables you to relive the fun.
Access the August edition of our monthly newsletter - The Telescope - here.
This web site is both an invitation to join us, and a guide to what First United Methodist of Delmar is all about.
• Click here for a guide to our programs and ministries.
• Click here to learn about our programs for children and youth.
• Click here for more information on our work in missions and community service.
August 17, 2014